Monday, January 31, 2011

First Pre Lab

      Today was the first "pre lab." It was basically an introduction to what we will be doing in the future. I was kind of nervous at first because it would be my first time with the Monday group (I went to the Wednesday lab the previous week). We started playing games right away that the TAs had organized and it was pretty fun. It allowed me to see how things were done and it gave me some ideas for when I will have to teach a game. We were in the gym for about 45 minutes before we went down to a classroom and broke up into groups. It was a little difficult because I didn't know anyone but I was readily accepted into the "Hop Scotch Heroes." We were then instructed on how to write up the lesson plans, how to post blogs, how to work google documents and how St. Mary's worked. It was all very overwhelming. I hope that I will get used to it. My TA, Elena, is very friendly and it will be excellent to have her as a resource. I am excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment